Friday, January 4, 2008

Oh, the rocky road...

I wish I could say that my training has been fantastic and I am getting stronger everyday but, just like 3 weeks ago, I am sick. I really can't believe this and, quite frankly, I am feeling pretty down about the whole thing.
Like I have mentioned in previous posts, I try to stay positive when I am sick and I use my time to build my focus for the upcoming season. However, this time around I am so frustrated b/c I hardly ever get sick and I have been sick twice in 4 weeks. I just want to get my 2008 training under way since now is the time to start focusing and working hard.
I would guess I have a few more days of down time and I am already stir crazy. I just can't wait to be back out on the trails and feeling fit.
So, the past 4 weeks have been very hard mentally and, given all of the time away from training, I start to wonder if I will ever be as fit as I need to be to achieve my goals. The Xterra season is very long so I know deep down that I have plenty of time to get to where I need to be, but every sick day only pulls me further from where I need to be at this point in the year.
Happy new year everyone!

1 comment:

jameson said...

Happy new year homey! Don't sweat it... you are fast mofo! Soon enough we will be tearing it up in Temecula and AZ. I can't wait!